Physician Acquisition Manager with Foundation Radiology Group
About Foundation Radiology Group
Foundation Radiology Group, a Pittsburgh‐based organization, was founded to revolutionize the practice of radiology in the community healthcare setting. Our care driven philosophy combines strong service line support underpinned by the subspecialty services of a renowned, highly‐skilled physician team. This is backed with a state‐of‐the‐art technology solution to provide hospitals and patients across the area access to a high‐quality, elegant diagnostic imaging solution, with industry‐leading, final diagnosis, and clinically relevant turn‐around times.
Responsible for the successful recruitment of physicians and advanced practice professionals for Foundation Radiology Group including sourcing, recruiting, presenting candidates to CMO and Vice President of Human Resources and involvement in on-boarding new hire physicians.
Key Responsibilities of the Position:
- Identifies and sources targeted physicians using a variety of creative and effective recruitment methods. Reviews CVs/applications and phone screens all candidates to determine quality and fit for the organization. Present physician opportunities with detail and clarity, providing information about Foundation Radiology Group (our system, client hospital, and ensure they understand what makes us different from other groups), compensation plan, benefits, and specific elements of the position.
- Creates a comprehensive practice description for each opportunity. Prepares job descriptions and develops job postings for company web site, ACR, SBI, Radworking, LinkedIn, and other sourcing platforms. Identifies and searches candidate database(s) for potential candidates. Develops hiring campaigns for physicians and places follow-up calls to proactively source candidates.
- Researches and attends job fairs, conferences and other physician recruitment opportunities. Researches association publications, web sites and other appropriate resources on which to post physician opportunities.
- Develops relationships with residency and fellowship programs.
- Assist with the development of promotional materials, such as banners and posters to be used in recruitment events.
- Maintains a candidate tracking database reflecting documentation of positions open, interviews scheduled, conversation had, offers made or not made, offers accepted or not accepted, reasons for offers declined, etc. Follows up with all candidates and referring parties in a timely manner.
- In coordination with VP of Human Resources, tracks and verifies all invoices and funds spent on external recruitment resources; including job postings, ad placements, third party placement fees, etc. Analyzes effectiveness of advertising and resources used.
- Directs, organizes and coordinates all aspects of candidate itineraries, agendas and site visits, with assistance from the Executive Administrative Assistant, including: travel and hotel reservations, clinic, hospital and community tours, appointments with physicians, lunch/dinner reservations, and processes all related receipts. Prepares financial documents for Foundation Radiology Group for the purpose of tracking expenses. May escort candidates through their interviews and visit. May participate in Physician Orientation.
- Manage day to day relationships with recruiting vendors including, updating open positions, name clearance or presentation, obtaining candidate presentations, etc.
- Provides continued assistance to new hire physicians in becoming acclimated to the community during their transition/relocation. Contacts new hires after 30 and 60 days to determine satisfaction with the process and assess opportunities for improvement.
- Stays current on regional and national physician hiring trends and practices; researches competitor’s activities to keep informed of changes impacting Foundation Radiology Group’s ability to hire and retain top physician talent. Provides input to improve physician-related processes.
- In performance of all duties, acts in accordance with the company’s mission, vision and values
- Adheres to the company’s code of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business related field
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Human Resources or business related field
- 2-4 years recruiting experience; physician, healthcare, or agency recruiting experience preferred.
- Physician recruiting experience in Radiology or Anesthesiology highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills including negotiation skills; must be persistent and persuasive.
- Must be able to establish rapport and effective working relationships with physicians and administrators.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage a large workload within tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions to problems; comparing and analyzing data; preparing clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, and other documents.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and make decisions relating to assigned tasks.
- Very strong customer service orientation, positive attitude, highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented.
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, i.e. excel spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software.
Certification/Licensure: ASPR preferred
Advantages to working at Foundation Radiology Group:
- Professional and state of the art work environment
- Full time and Part time opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation program
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, EAP, paid time off, generous 401K Plan and flexible spending accounts.
More Career Opportunities