Radiology Extender with Foundation Radiology Group
About Foundation Radiology Group
Foundation Radiology Group, a Pittsburgh‐based organization, was founded to revolutionize the practice of radiology in the community healthcare setting. Our care driven philosophy combines strong service line support underpinned by the subspecialty services of a renowned, highly‐skilled physician team. This is backed with a state‐of‐the‐art technology solution to provide hospitals and patients across the area access to a high‐quality, elegant diagnostic imaging solution, with industry‐leading, final diagnosis, and clinically relevant turn‐around times.
The primary role of this position is to augment a physician’s ability to provide medical interpretation services to patients; assist in the creation of Radiology Final Reports, editing reports for accuracy and compliance with AHA and ACR Guidelines.
Key Responsibilities of the Position:
- Augment a physician’s ability to provide medical interpretation services to patients; assist in the creation of Radiology Final Reports, editing reports for accuracy and compliance with AHA and ACR Guidelines.
- Work directly with radiologists to place radiographic findings into appropriate reports for all modalities of radiology. Requires strong knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology.
- Transcribe radiographic dictations into radiographic reports. Prepare completed reports for distribution to client.
- Manage work list of patient orders and distribute orders to appropriate radiologists based on the doctors’ areas of specific expertise.
- Work closely with other extenders to achieve the common goal of having all orders read by radiologists within required turn-around time.
- May review the work of lower employees; train new personnel.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The Ideal candidate will have:
Required: Associate’s degree in Health Science or related field or XR, CT, or MRI Diagnostic Technologist Certification
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Health Science or related field, with XR, CT, or MRI Diagnostic Technologist Certification
Required: 1-3 years of experience as a Medical Transcriptionist, Medical Editor, or other health related administrative role, or Radiologist Support Specialist III.
Preferred: 1-3 years of experience in Diagnostic Technology or other anatomy/medically focused area
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail; well organized
- High degree of reliability and accountability
- Strong knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology
- Ability to prioritize high volume work loads
- Trained and proficient in the use of various dictation devices and computers
- Solid computer skills with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
Certification/Licensure: XR, CT, or MRI Diagnostic Technologist Certification preferred
Advantages to working at Foundation Radiology
Foundation Radiology provides:
- Professional and state of the art work environment
- Full time and Part time opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation program
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, EAP, paid time off, generous 401K Plan and flexible spending accounts.
More Career Opportunities